This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.5517 / 53°33'6"N
Longitude: -0.4901 / 0°29'24"W
OS Eastings: 500132
OS Northings: 407180
OS Grid: TA001071
Mapcode National: GBR TW0C.PJ
Mapcode Global: WHGGG.FZVK
Plus Code: 9C5XHG25+MX
Entry Name: The Exchange Club
Listing Date: 10 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083154
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165441
Location: Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Brigg
Built-Up Area: Brigg
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Brigg St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
5264 (North Side)
and The Exchange Club
TA 00 NW 2/4 10.10.52.
Mid C18 and later. Yellow and red brick. The 2 houses form a slightly irregular
unit joining in a symmetrical gable end projecting to the roadway with a large
stepped gable. 2 storeys and attics to 3 storeys in the centre, where there is
a 3-storeyed, 3-window bay topped by a parapet with 3 sections of balustrade.
The central windows of the bay, ground and 1st floors have moulded architrave,
pulvinated frieze and cornice on 2 consoles. 1 window on both sides of the
bay. The main wing of No 11 is 2 storeys with a parapet, band between the storeys,
5 irregularly-spaced windows to 1st floor. Rectangular brick porch in the corner.
Glazing bars gone from the windows of this wing but intact elsewhere. The return
front of the Exchange Club (East) wing of 2 storeys, 3 windows, brick bands above
both storeys, central window with semi-circular head with Gothick glazing bars.
Good central doorcase with 2 columns with bark rustication, triglyph friezes
and dentilled triangular pediment broken over the semi-circular head of the doorway.
All windows to both houses (excepting central windows of the bay, qv) are hung
sashes in wooden cases almost flush with the wall, flat arched heads with keystone
and plain cills.
Nos 8, 11, The Exchange Club, 12 and 14 form a group.
Listing NGR: TA0013207180
Other nearby listed buildings