This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1164 / 54°6'59"N
Longitude: -0.0825 / 0°4'57"W
OS Eastings: 525431
OS Northings: 470646
OS Grid: TA254706
Mapcode National: GBR WNVV.X4
Mapcode Global: WHHF2.PSWN
Entry Name: The Lighthouse
Listing Date: 30 June 1966
Last Amended: 2 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083399
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166819
Location: Flamborough, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Flamborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Flamborough St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 27 SE FLAMBOROUGH LIGHTHOUSE ROAD
(east end, off)
7/42 The Lighthouse
30.6.66 (Formerly listed as
GV II Flamborough
Lighthouse. 1806 raised 1925. By John Matson of Bridlington for
Trinity House. Rendered brick with stone dressings, cast and wrought-
iron. Conical tower about 27 metres high from ground to balcony. High
chamfered plinth, casement windows in stone surrounds with low pediments
over lintels. Deep moulded cornice below cast-iron balcony with moulded
newels and mushroom finials. Lantern storey with weather-vane above.
Interior has basement oil store with brick dome, spiral stone stair with
slender square-section balusters supporting wrought-iron handrail,
central cast-iron tube, rising through full height of lighthouse, for
driving-weights. Lamp carried on 6 cast-iron pillars supporting pointed
arches with decoratively pierced spandrels.
Listing NGR: TA2543170646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.