This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7401 / 53°44'24"N
Longitude: -0.1965 / 0°11'47"W
OS Eastings: 519049
OS Northings: 428593
OS Grid: TA190285
Mapcode National: GBR WT26.80
Mapcode Global: WHHGY.Y8L2
Entry Name: Church of St Mary and St Joseph
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083537
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166388
Location: Hedon, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU12
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Hedon
Built-Up Area: Hedon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Hedon St Augustine
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 1928 NW 2/8
GRAPE LANE (west side)
Church of St Mary and St Joseph
1803. Built during ministry of Father Joseph Swinburne (1774-1845), who had
moved the Catholic Chapel from Nuthill where it had been established by the
Robinson family. Brown brick. Pantiled roof. Three lunette-headed windows
per side, whose original glazing was replaced in 1892 with pre-Raphaelite type
Interior. Altar set in frescoed apse with comtemporary architraves and pilaster.
Similar apse at opposite end contains gallery with carved and panelled front.
Listing NGR: TA1905028596
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings