This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8451 / 53°50'42"N
Longitude: -0.4368 / 0°26'12"W
OS Eastings: 502945
OS Northings: 439899
OS Grid: TA029398
Mapcode National: GBR TRDZ.7C
Mapcode Global: WHGF4.8M83
Entry Name: Roman Catholic Church of St John of Beverley
Listing Date: 30 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083973
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167358
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Beverley
Built-Up Area: Beverley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Beverley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
NORTH BAR WITHOUT (west side)
Roman Catholic Church of St John of Beverley
Church. 1897-98 by Smith, Brodrick and Lowther. Red and brown brick with ashlar dressings and banding. Welsh slate roof. Gothic Revival style.
Unaisled continuous five-bay nave and chancel with canted east end and south chapel. Single-storey porch forms passage across west end. Tudor-arched entrance with statue of St John in niche above. Flat-arched traceried windows. Above, a pair of three-light basket-arched windows with decorated tracery under crocketed ogee gables. Statue of Virgin and Child in niche to gable. Bell tower to left. Nave and chancel: two-light Tudor-arched windows with flush tracery in Decorated style. Oculus to east end.
Interior: gallery and organ loft to west end. Timber purlin roof.
Listing NGR: TA0294539899
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings