This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2826 / 51°16'57"N
Longitude: 1.0556 / 1°3'20"E
OS Eastings: 613188
OS Northings: 158148
OS Grid: TR131581
Mapcode National: GBR TY1.HQQ
Mapcode Global: VHLGM.71Y3
Entry Name: Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 30 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085636
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171173
Location: Harbledown and Rough Common, Canterbury, Kent, CT2
Civil Parish: Harbledown and Rough Common
Built-Up Area: Canterbury
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5273 HARBLEDOWN CHURCH HILL
Church of St Michael
TR 1358 31/363 30.1.67
Traces of Norman and decoarated work but mainly C19. Built of flint and stone.
Tiled roof. Chancel, nave with south aisle and weatherboarded bell turret
at the west end of the nave. The south aisle and liner chapel was the mediaeval
church which was greatly restored, indeed largely rebuilt in 1880-1, when the
remainder of the building was added. Nave and chancel by J P St Aubyn. Crown
post roof. Pointed chamfered south and west doorways. The churchyard contains
some C18 headstones with cherub or skull motif and some oval bodystones.
Listing NGR: TR1318858148
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings