This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4613 / 51°27'40"N
Longitude: 0.5941 / 0°35'38"E
OS Eastings: 580304
OS Northings: 176780
OS Grid: TQ803767
Mapcode National: GBR QQB.71V
Mapcode Global: VHJLH.7JYN
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 21 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085757
English Heritage Legacy ID: 172915
Location: St. Mary Hoo, Medway, ME3
Civil Parish: St. Mary Hoo
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: High Halstow St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
ST MARY'S HOO CP
TQ 87 NW
21.ll.66 The Old Rectory
House. Late C18. Red and brown brick with straight joint on
north and south fronts indicating two builds. Hipped plain tiled
roof. 2 storeys; 4 window front with glazing bar sashes
irregularly spaced. Central entrance with C18 doorcase. 2
large projecting bays on north. The Rectors from 1788 to 1875
were R. Burt, father and son. The Rev. Robert Burt senior
performed the illegal marriage ceremony between George IV and
Mrs Fitzherbert in December 1785.
Listing NGR: TQ8031676781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.