This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.413 / 51°24'46"N
Longitude: 0.2787 / 0°16'43"E
OS Eastings: 558564
OS Northings: 170684
OS Grid: TQ585706
Mapcode National: GBR X7.NYD
Mapcode Global: VHHP1.SR65
Entry Name: Clock House (Flats Nos 1 and 2)
Listing Date: 1 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085820
English Heritage Legacy ID: 172643
Location: Darenth, Dartford, Kent, DA2
Civil Parish: Darenth
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Darenth St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
5274 DARENTH GREEN STREET GREEN ROAD
Green Street Green
(Flats Nos 1 and 2)
TQ 57 SE 4/9 1.8.52
L-shaped building. The main or south-east wing has an C18 exterior to a C17 or
earlier timber-framed building. Two storeys and attics, red brick. Tiled roof.
Parapet and brick band above first floor windows. C17 or earlier chimneystacks.
Three dormers. Six windows on the ground floor, 3 windows on the first floor.
Glazing bars missing. Doorcase with pediment over on scrolled brackets. The
north-east wing is a C19 addition of 2 storeys and 3 windows. To the rear of
the north wing are the initials and dates IA1765, GS1765 and TP1765. The interior
has good early C18 panelling with dado rail to hall and a room on the left has
C17 mainscotting. Hasted's "History and Topographical Survey of Kent" (1778-1799)
reveals that this house was at one time the home of Sir Edmund Davenport, Sheriff
of Kent in 1694.
Listing NGR: TQ5858670676
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.
Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings