This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.5099 / 54°30'35"N
Longitude: -3.5181 / 3°31'5"W
OS Eastings: 301804
OS Northings: 513797
OS Grid: NY018137
Mapcode National: GBR 3JW9.42
Mapcode Global: WH5Z8.XWVZ
Entry Name: The Flosh
Listing Date: 9 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1086723
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76101
Location: Cleator Moor, Copeland, Cumbria, CA23
Civil Parish: Cleator Moor
Built-Up Area: Cleator Moor
Traditional County: Cumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Cleator St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
NY 01 SW,
CLEATOR MOOR, A 5086 (East side)
Large House, converted for use as District Council Offices; empty at time of
survey (Jan. 1984), noted as hotel (Aug. 2016). 1832; south front added 1886 (date, and initials , TAM,
carved on panels in gabled dormers). Later additions and alterations.
Wetdashed rubble on chamfered plinth; string between floors on east front.
Graduated slate roofs with gabled dormers; rendered, diagonally-set chimneys. Two
storeys. 7-bay south front has castellated porch, with gargoyles to corners, in
2nd bay from west; former door (now window) and flanking windows richly
decorated. Present door to right. 2- and 3-light windows under hoodmoulds with
labels; main ground-floor windows mullioned and transomed, most of others
mullioned. 4-bay east front has 2-light mullioned and transomed windows to both
floors except ground floor centre, which is 3-light. Carved spandrels and
decorative barge boards over 1st-floor windows. C20 flat-roofed extension
adjoining north side not of interest.
Listing NGR: NY0180413797
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings