This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2579 / 54°15'28"N
Longitude: -2.6004 / 2°36'1"W
OS Eastings: 360981
OS Northings: 484863
OS Grid: SD609848
Mapcode National: GBR BM86.TD
Mapcode Global: WH94H.07ZM
Entry Name: Stable Range to North of Rigmaden Hall
Listing Date: 21 February 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1086854
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75713
Location: Mansergh, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA6
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Mansergh
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kirkby Lonsdale Team Ministry
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 68 SW MANSERGH
16/134 Stable range to north
of Rigmaden Hall
Stable range. Early C19. Stone rubble with ashlar dressings and slate roofs.
3 ranges round courtyard. West range of 8 bays, the 3rd-5th bays of 2 storeys,
the rest of one storey. 2-storey north range has 3-bay wing projecting south to
east end. South range of one storey, the 1st 2 bays of 2 storeys. West range
has hipped roof to higher 3 bays; central segmental-headed entrance with loading
door over, and flanking windows with small-paned casements. Top row of
ventilation slots and louvre with hipped roof to roof ridge. Other bays have
sashed windows with glazing bars, flanking entrances; end, segmental-headed
entrance. Against 5th bay is an object believed to be early C17 table tomb used
as mounting block, provenance unknown. Arms at one end believed to be of Crane
family. Lozenge-patterned top slab. South range has 2-bay hipped gable end
with sashed windows with glazing bars to ground floor, casements to 2nd floor.
North elevation has entrance and window in blocked entrance to ground floor of
1st bay, 30-pane sash to 1st floor. 2nd bay has entrance, C20 lst floor has
casement. 3rd-6th bays form open-fronted shed with iron posts, now boarded; end
throughway; cross-axial stacks. South elevation has gable over round-headed
rusticated arch to roughway; gable has stone reading: "1680/ NIEMANT SONDER
WANDT/WAECKT ENDE BIDT". Another stone reads: "TG 1673". High windows to 3
bays and sashed windows to end. North range has elliptical arched throughway,
to east a similar entrance with paired doors. Wing is gabled to returns.
3 entrances to ground floor, 3 sashed windows to roughcast 1st floor, the,
central one round-headed. Rear has steps to 1st floor entrance, and stack. One
window lintel, not seen, is said to be late C12 or early C13 coffin lid, with-
cable moulding (RCHM).
Listing NGR: SD6098184863
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings