This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1805 / 53°10'49"N
Longitude: -1.4168 / 1°25'0"W
OS Eastings: 439075
OS Northings: 364979
OS Grid: SK390649
Mapcode National: GBR 69V.NLS
Mapcode Global: WHDFP.6BL3
Entry Name: Barn and Attached Outbuildings at Egstow Hall
Listing Date: 31 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1087791
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79468
Location: Tupton, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, S42
District: North East Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Tupton
Built-Up Area: Clay Cross
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: North Wingfield St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 36 SE PARISH OF TUPTON BRASSINGTON LANE
2/80 (West Side)
Barn and attached out-
buildings at Egstow Hall
Cruck barn and attached outbuildings, C15 and C19 with C19 alterations. Coursed
sandstone rubble. Sandstone dressings and quoins. Slate roofs with stone ridges.
Moulded stone coped gables to west and north. Four bay single storey barn,
lower single storey five bay outbuildings. L-plan, barn to south. C19 steps
to C19 stabledoor on east gable. C19 stable door to east of north elevation.
C19 window and archway to west. Beyond, to west, three triangular openings near
to eaves. Outbuildings attached to west end with three C19 stable doors and two
C19 windows. C20 garage doors to north. Southern two bays slightly advanced.
Interior of barn has three through-purlin stiled open cruck-trusses. Remains of
original wallplate to south. Eaves raised. Below triangular openings, three
blocked splayed slit windows. Gallery to east.
Listing NGR: SK3907564979
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings