This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.196 / 53°11'45"N
Longitude: -1.7765 / 1°46'35"W
OS Eastings: 415026
OS Northings: 366567
OS Grid: SK150665
Mapcode National: GBR 46J.MP5
Mapcode Global: WHCD5.PX7R
Entry Name: The Bull's Head Public House
Listing Date: 27 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1087824
English Heritage Legacy ID: 80585
Location: Monyash, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE45
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Monyash
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Monyash St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Derby
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13/11/2017
SK 16 NE, 6/155
PARISH OF MONYASH,
THE SQUARE (North Side),
The Bull's Head Public House
(Formerly listed as the Hobbit Inn)
Public house. 1690, C18 addition, altered in C19 and C20. Coursed limestone rubble.
Gritstone dressings and quoins to early part, limestone dressings and quoins to C18
section. C20 concrete tile roofs. Stone coped gables with moulded kneelers to
west. Three stone gable end stacks, one stone ridge stack. Part two storeys, part
three. Four bays. Four-centred arched door with incised spandrels and quoin surround,
now blocked, to extreme west. Lintel inscribed '1619 OE'. To east large C19 3-light
mullion window & C19 plank door with large lintel and dripmould. Beyond, C20 window
in flush gritstone surround and doorcase with plain jambs and lintel, topped by flat
stone hood on brackets. Above blocked door to west, small blocked recessed and
chamfered opening. To east, similar windows to those below in same arrangement.
Further to east, three storey C18 extension. Two large chamfered windows with
hoods. Two similar, smaller, windows over with two further similar windows to
eaves. All fenestration C20. To side, west wall has 2-light recessed and chamfered
mullion window, formerly 4-light. Above two 2-light recessed and chamfered mullion
windows, one formerly 3-light. Interior has some stud partitioning. Large bracketed
fireplace and some ovolo moulded beams. Building formerly used as courthouse
for Lead mining disputes.
Listing NGR: SK1502666567
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings