This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.869 / 52°52'8"N
Longitude: -1.3439 / 1°20'38"W
OS Eastings: 444261
OS Northings: 330372
OS Grid: SK442303
Mapcode National: GBR 7H4.31S
Mapcode Global: WHDH8.B49W
Entry Name: Trent Corn Mill Number 1
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Last Amended: 11 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088371
English Heritage Legacy ID: 83195
Location: Shardlow and Great Wilne, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE72
District: South Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Shardlow and Great Wilne
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Shardlow and Great Wilne St James
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 44 30 PARISH OF SHARDLOW AND GREAT WILNE THE WHARF
7/209 (East Side)
14.3.75 Trent Corn Mill
No 1 (formerly
listed as No 1 &
No 3 Warehouses')
Warehouse, later converted to corn mill, now small business
premises. 1816 with late C19 additions and alterations. Red
brick with brick and stone dressings. Slate roof with
projecting hoist roofs to gable walls, plus stepped eaves band.
Three storeys and five bays plus later additions to north.
South elevation has slightly advanced centre bay with wide
doorways to each floor and a segmental stone arch to top with
raised keystone dated '1816'. To either side on each floor
there are pairs of segment headed windows with small paned iron
casements. Gable walls have wide central doorways, one above
the other, those to east with a stone arch to top similar to
that on south elevation, and a semi-circular window to the top.
Some doorways have projecting platforms to the front. North
addition has segment headed openings and an engine house with
the remains of a brick stack, which was erected when the
warehouse was converted into a corn mill. Interior has seven
wide queen post trusses with side struts and wooden floors
supported on iron columns. One of a group of industrial
buildings that was erected after the completion of the Trent and
Mersey Canal, when Shardlow was a thriving inland port.
Listing NGR: SK4426130372
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings