This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7588 / 51°45'31"N
Longitude: -1.8391 / 1°50'20"W
OS Eastings: 411199
OS Northings: 206692
OS Grid: SP111066
Mapcode National: GBR 3QJ.PTT
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.22L1
Entry Name: The Catherine Wheel
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088425
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127271
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY A433, Arlington
11/25 The Catherine Wheel
(Formerly listed as Catherine Wheel
Former house, now public house. Early C17; early C19
alterations. Random rubble limestone; concrete block rebuilt
chimneys; stone slate roof. Two-storey with attic; parallel
former stables to rear linked with main building at south east end.
South west front: scattered fenestration including three 3-light
mullioned casements, two to right being ovolo moulded. Small 2-
light chamfered mullioned casement to ground floor, right.
Central doorway with timber lintel and C20 door. Plain upper
floor level band. Two ridge-mounted chimneys. North west end:
C19 ground floor canted bay window with flat roof; C19 4-pane sash
above; small attic casement. Rear: two-storey outshut with
catslide roof; C19 casement fenestration. Leaded timber
casements with timber lintels to outbuilding; brick loft staircase
on north east side. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1119306693
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings