This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0599 / 52°3'35"N
Longitude: -1.733 / 1°43'58"W
OS Eastings: 418401
OS Northings: 240204
OS Grid: SP184402
Mapcode National: GBR 4NB.SSR
Mapcode Global: VHB13.XH57
Entry Name: Top Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 20 February 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088515
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126973
Location: Ebrington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Ebrington
Built-Up Area: Ebrington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ebrington St Eadburgha
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1840-1940 EBRINGTON HIDCOTE ROAD
13/34 Top Farmhouse
15.8.60 (formerly listed as Cottage 60 yds
N. of Nos 40 and 41)
House, formerly farmhouse. C17 with C19 outshut left and C20
extension rear right not of special interest. Main body: squared
limestone with short section of a projecting plinth with moulded
top along right gable end wall. Artificial stone roof over main
body. Slate roof over C19 outshut. Main body: 2 rooms one room
deep formerly with cross passage. Doorway onto road now blocked,
with 2-light, C20 casement inserted. Flat moulded hood over.
Stone step below remains. Facade (from road): 2 storeys. 2-
windowed: two 3-light flat-chamfered stone-mullioned windows, one
with 3-light C19 casement inserted instead of mullions. Fire
window and scratch sundial in right gable end.
Interior: Flagged floors. Large stone fireplace against right
wall with bressumer and seat to right. Beams with moulded stops.
Cellar under C17 body.
Listing NGR: SP1840740213
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings