This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8853 / 51°53'7"N
Longitude: -1.7581 / 1°45'29"W
OS Eastings: 416748
OS Northings: 220778
OS Grid: SP167207
Mapcode National: GBR 4QF.LCZ
Mapcode Global: VHB1W.GWY2
Entry Name: The Church Room (Gloucester County Council Education Department)
Listing Date: 12 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088774
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126461
Location: Bourton-on-the-Water, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Bourton-on-the-Water
Built-Up Area: Bourton-on-the-Water
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bourton-on-the-Water with Clapton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
The Church Room (GCC
SP 1620 NE 3/75
Circa 1890, perhaps by Sir T G Jackson who was altering the Church at that date
(qv). Cotswold Cl7 style. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings, Cotswold stone
roof with verges and kneelers, turned spinials on kneelers and saddlestones.
Floor string band. Two storeys, 3 stone mullioned windows on side elevation.
Four light mullion and transom windows in gable wall. Bell turret on ridge of roof
Gabled side entrance with tablet inscribed "Lava Deo" denotes original building as
village school. Included principally for group value.
Date in gable either MDCCCXM or MDCCCXLVI.
Listing NGR: SP1674820778
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings