This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6393 / 51°38'21"N
Longitude: -2.349 / 2°20'56"W
OS Eastings: 375946
OS Northings: 193449
OS Grid: ST759934
Mapcode National: GBR 0MF.0ZL
Mapcode Global: VH95G.72K3
Entry Name: Bluecoat School
Listing Date: 30 June 1961
Last Amended: 16 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088919
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128115
Location: Wotton-under-Edge, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL12
Civil Parish: Wotton-under-Edge
Built-Up Area: Wotton-under-Edge
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Wotton-under-Edge with Ozleworth
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
4/46 WOTTON-UNDER-EDGE CULVERHAY
(formerly listed as
Bluecoat School (next
to No. 8))
School, now St Mary's Church Hall. ca 1720. Rubble, without dressings, steep stone
slate roof. Simple original block in two storeys, seven windows under wood lintels;
two lights with transom, set to wall face and with chamfered and stooled cills. Plain
gable with recent double-leaf fire door and rectangular fanlight. Brick extension to
rear. Wall to playground at rear two windows upper level, one one-light, one
two-light, each with transom and one horizontal glazing bar. Lean-to access passage
to ground level.
Wide door with V-jointed narrow plank face but two raised and fielded moulded panels
to inner face, with original lock and fittings including bold L-shaped strap hinges.
Elliptical shell hood on scrolled brackets, painted wood, modern replacement.
Listing NGR: ST7594693449
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings