This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8629 / 51°51'46"N
Longitude: -1.9528 / 1°57'10"W
OS Eastings: 403345
OS Northings: 218258
OS Grid: SP033182
Mapcode National: GBR 3P6.533
Mapcode Global: VHB1Z.3FGR
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 11 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089314
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129219
Location: Shipton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Shipton
Built-Up Area: Shipton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Shipton Oliffe St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 01 NW SHIPTON SHIPTON SOLLARS
5/114 The Old Rectory
Former rectory built 1863 by Thomas Fulljames. Coursed squared and
dressed limestone, stone slate roof, stone stacks. 'L'-shaped
plan. Two storeys and basements. Almost central 2-storey gabled
porch with 4-pane sash to first floor, central C19 plank door
within flat-chamfered segmental-pointed surround, canted corners of
porch contain tall single-lights with horizontal glazing bars.
Band between ground and first floor of porch and between basement
and first floor. Single-bay left of porch with 12-pane sash to
first floor and 6-pane sash to second floor, 2-light casement with
glazing bars to basement. Two bays right of projecting porch lit
by sash windows as on left of porch, basement windows now blocked.
Slightly stepped coping in gable of 2 storey porch, roll-cross
saddles. Foliate ironwork finial at apex of porch gable. Gable
end stacks. Exterior as built. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP0334518258
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings