This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.9765 / 51°58'35"N
Longitude: -1.751 / 1°45'3"W
OS Eastings: 417201
OS Northings: 230919
OS Grid: SP172309
Mapcode National: GBR 4PG.24N
Mapcode Global: VHB1H.LLP6
Entry Name: Home Farm House and Attached Farmbuildings, Sezincote Estate
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 11 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089504
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128760
Location: Sezincote, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Sezincote
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Longborough with Sezincote
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 13 SE
Home Farm house and attached farmbuildinqs, Sezincote Estate
(formerly listed as Stables and Bailiff's house)
Farmhouse, flanking farm buildings, stable yard left and estate
office wing right 1800 - 1805 by Samuel Pepys Cockerell and Thomas
Daniell for Sir Charles Cockerell. Facade: coursed squared and
dressed limestone with ashlar stacks, plinth and pilasters, slate
roof. E-shaped plan with stable blocks extending back on left and
estate office wing extending back on right. Symmetrically placed
double entrances to yards in to either side of farmhouse, at centre
of facade. Facade of farmhouse breaks forward from facade in 2
symmetrical steps. Projecting part of facade almost symmetrical
with engaged octagonal columns at corners continued up above roof
level and surmounted by ball finials. 2 storeys with half storey
in addition at centre. 1:1:1-windowed. 3-light stone-mullioned
casements to second and third floors of central projecting portion.
Second floor window with projecting hood supported on decorative
brackets with incised decoration below. 2-light metal casements
to second floor either side. All second floor windows with leaded
panes. 3-light central ground floor. Mogul-Hindu style window
with cusped pointed headed lights, radiating glazing bars at top
with projecting hood. Single light window on right. 2-panelled
door with cusped and pointed headed fanlight to match other ground
floor windows left. Three C20 plate glass windows right of
central projecting feature. 2-light C20 casement left also.
Dairy far right projects forwards slightly from facade: one
storey. 3-light window matching central ground floor window of
house with rectangular stone lattice work panel above. Former
cottage now store far left with gable end at front projecting
slightly from facade. Ground floor window matching central ground
floor window of house. 2-light metal casement above. Facade
between house, dairy and cottage with pilasters at regular
intervals and small blind windows with curved and stepped upper
corners between each pilaster. Circular ventilation holes in
blind windows on left of house. Lean-to roof behind wall linking
house and dairy on right. Pyramidal roof to dairy with parapet
with pointed merlons. Stone minarets at four corners with domed
tops and rosette decoration. Rear left minaret possibly chimney.
Central wooden minaret with stone finials at corners.
Interior of dairy: octagonal central marble table with stone
statue of woman in an octagonal bowl at centre. Walls tiled to
ceiling height with simple painted decoration at margins.
Listing NGR: SP1720130919
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings