This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6511 / 51°39'4"N
Longitude: -2.1007 / 2°6'2"W
OS Eastings: 393130
OS Northings: 194708
OS Grid: ST931947
Mapcode National: GBR 2Q6.HQ6
Mapcode Global: VH95D.JRTM
Entry Name: Ashley Manor
Listing Date: 6 September 1954
Last Amended: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089747
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130315
Location: Ashley, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Ashley
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashley
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ASHLEY ASHLEY VILLAGE
ST 99 SW
8/1 Ashley Manor
(formerly listed as Manor
Large detached manor house. Probably C15 core, enlarged to east
early C17 and altered late Cl7. Rubble stone on plinth, mostly
faced in roughcast with some flush quoins, stone slate roof with
hipped east end and hipped angle wing. Very large stone stacks,
originally as 2 lateral stacks now flanking hipped projection, with
3 and 2 diagonally set dressed stone flues with moulded cornice,
and with central large square ridge stack on east wing, dated 1712
on oval plaque, with 4 diagonally set ashlar flues with moulded
cornices. Originally probably single range with rear wing added
to east and later probable stair tower in angle, with lobby entry
plan to later wing, forming L shape. Two storeys and attic.
Both ranges have continuous dripmoulds to ground and first floors.
West range has C20 sash windows throughout, with 2 original 2-light
stone mullions at basement level and semi-circular carved doorcase
head on west side, doorcase probably reset from north gable end.
East wing has 2-light leaded stone mullion and transoms to both
main elevations with several restored or inserted in C20. South
facade has hollow moulds to far left on both floors, remainder with
ovolo moulds. On north facade, central doorcase in stone with
open pediment on carved brackets, with C20 door and oak panelled
lobby inside. Angle section has 2 and 3-light ovolo stone
mullions. Interior not accessible but likely to be of interest.
(David Verey, The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire - The
Listing NGR: ST9313094708
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings