This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7971 / 51°47'49"N
Longitude: -1.8768 / 1°52'36"W
OS Eastings: 408589
OS Northings: 210950
OS Grid: SP085109
Mapcode National: GBR 3Q3.6BD
Mapcode Global: VHB2D.F344
Entry Name: Group of 3 Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of St James, Circa 6 Metres North of the Porch
Listing Date: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090193
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131147
Location: Coln St. Dennis, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Coln St. Dennis
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Coln Rogers St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
COLN ST DENNIS COLN ST DENNIS VILLAGE
14/122 Group of 3 monuments in the
churchyard of the Church of St
James, c6m north of the porch
Two chest tombs and headstone. Limestone.
a) Chest tomb, opposite the porch, to Mary Robins, died 1793, and
members of the Craddock and Hayward families. Inscriptions on
all four sides with plain or fielded marginal panels. Capping
with moulded margin and moulded and hipped upper capping stone.
b) Matching chest tomb c1.5m to south-west to James Davis, died
1776 and other members of that family.
c) Headstone c1.25m east of the latter with partially legible
inscription dated 1838 with ogee-shaped head and ribbed engaged
shafts either side.
Listing NGR: SP0858310941
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings