This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7921 / 51°47'31"N
Longitude: -2.2372 / 2°14'13"W
OS Eastings: 383739
OS Northings: 210410
OS Grid: SO837104
Mapcode National: GBR 1LY.R5L
Mapcode Global: VH94R.57N0
Entry Name: Lewis Monument in the Churchyard Approximately 1 Metre South of Church of St John and to East of Porch
Listing Date: 30 September 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090789
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131759
Location: Harescombe, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL4
Civil Parish: Harescombe
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Harescombe St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 81 SW HARESCOMBE CHURCH LANE
5/104 Lewis monument in the churchyard
approximately 1m south of Church of
St. John and to east of porch
Chest tomb. Dated 1723. Limestone. Rectangular with plain ends.
Central moulded rectangular panel on south side flanked by floral
panels. Cyma moulded top; chamfered base. Inscribed on south
side to Richard Lewis, died 1723.
Listing NGR: SO8373910410
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings