This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6815 / 51°40'53"N
Longitude: -2.3131 / 2°18'47"W
OS Eastings: 378451
OS Northings: 198125
OS Grid: ST784981
Mapcode National: GBR 0LW.J0T
Mapcode Global: VH952.VZJV
Entry Name: Chapel Antiques
Listing Date: 2 May 1974
Last Amended: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090887
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131592
Location: Uley, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL11
Civil Parish: Uley
Built-Up Area: Uley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Uley with Owlpen and Nympsfield
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 79 NE ULEY FOP STREET
4/139 (east side)
GV Chapel Antiques
(formerly listed as
2.5.74 Former Methodist Church)
Non-conformist Chapel, now warehouse. Dated 1790. Squared and coursed limestone,
raised alternating quoins, modillion cornice and pediment, concrete tile coped
gables. Simple rectangular plan; one storey brick cross-wing at back not included.
Main front two storey, 2-windowed with common cill at first floor, pointed heads,
Y-tracery, hollow mould mullion, plat-band surround; in pediment a trilobed panel
bearing date. Two pairs panelled doors in plat-band surrounds at ground floor.
Flanks with two storeys, 2-windowed, detail as entrance front.
Interior: gallery carried on Batty Langley cast iron columns on high podia. Raised
reading desk in pine, in situ at time of survey.
Bench Mark right of door.
Listing NGR: ST7845198125
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings