This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7053 / 51°42'19"N
Longitude: -2.1856 / 2°11'8"W
OS Eastings: 387270
OS Northings: 200746
OS Grid: SO872007
Mapcode National: GBR 1N6.07W
Mapcode Global: VH955.2DDK
Entry Name: Ram Inn
Listing Date: 24 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091073
English Heritage Legacy ID: 133073
Location: Minchinhampton, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Minchinhampton
Built-Up Area: Minchinhampton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Minchinhampton with Box
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8600-8700 MINCHINHAMPTON MARKET SQUARE, Minchinhampton Town
19/281 Ram Inn
Inn. Late C17, altered mid-late C18. Random rubble limestone,
part in red brick; ashlar and brick chimneys; stone slate roof.
Two-storey rectangular block with 2-storey addition on north west
side; outbuildings form courtyard to south west. North east side:
2-window fenestration, probably originally below 2 gables. Three
original chamfered mullioned 2-light casements; 6-pane sash
replacement to ground floor. C18 hipped roof. Return elevation to
right includes 2 casements in openings with moulded architraves and
flat dripstone above. Lower brick-built hipped roofed addition has
mainly C20 casements. South east side: one full gable with
blocked attic window. Low level blocked 3-light casement partially
obscured by raising of road level. Eaves-mounted chimney above
with plain cap. Interior not inspected. Recorded as an inn since
1718. Important position next to Market House (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SO8726300742
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings