This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7828 / 51°46'57"N
Longitude: -2.1265 / 2°7'35"W
OS Eastings: 391371
OS Northings: 209350
OS Grid: SO913093
Mapcode National: GBR 1M9.36J
Mapcode Global: VH94T.3G56
Entry Name: New Inn House with Barn
Listing Date: 28 June 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091219
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132719
Location: Miserden, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Miserden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Miserden St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 90 NW MISERDEN THE CAMP
5/160 New Inn House with barn
(previously listed as New Inn)
House with attached barn and stable. Dated P.J. 1694. Random
rubble limestone; rebuilt artificial stone chimney; stone slate
and concrete tile roofs. Two-storey with attic house; single-
storey part to north linking with stable. Barn attached to rear.
Front: 2-window fenestration to house, 2-light left, 3-light
right, all chamfered mullioned casements with hoodmoulds - mostly
with original leading. Central doorway with dated lintel and
hoodmould; 6-panel door. Single-storey part to left has very wide
doorway with plank door; cross-window to left. Stable projects
forward with stable doorway and timber lintel on south side. Stone
steps to loft doorway with timber lintel in gable end. North end
of house: single-window fenestration, 3-light to ground floor, 2-
light to upper floor, single-light to attic, all with hoodmoulds.
South side: gable end of front range with small off-centre stair
light. Wing to rear has timber ground floor casement, 2-light
above. Barn appears altered to stable, possibly during mid C18
when used as posting inn.
Interior: stepped beam chamfer stops; matching stops to many
door-frames retaining original doors.
Listing NGR: SO9137109350
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings