This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8304 / 51°49'49"N
Longitude: -2.0519 / 2°3'6"W
OS Eastings: 396520
OS Northings: 214642
OS Grid: SO965146
Mapcode National: GBR 2N4.B14
Mapcode Global: VHB23.D835
Entry Name: William Randle Monument in the Churchyard of the Church of St Mary, Circa 5 Metres South of the Chancel
Listing Date: 22 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091739
English Heritage Legacy ID: 135032
Location: Cowley, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL53
Civil Parish: Cowley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cowley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
COWLEY COWLEY VILLAGE
10/81 William Randle monument in the
churchyard of the Church of
St Mary, -c5m south of the
Chest tomb to William Randle, died 1727. Limestone moulded plinth.
Cartouche-like inscription panel with cherubs' heads upper right
and left on the south side. Rectangular inscription panel with
bolection moulded margin and no legible inscription on the north
side. Cartouche-like inscription panels at either end. Thick
capping with moulded margin. Upper capping stone with flat-
chamfered upper corners.
Listing NGR: SO9652014642
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings