This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3189 / 51°19'8"N
Longitude: -1.2192 / 1°13'8"W
OS Eastings: 454512
OS Northings: 158047
OS Grid: SU545580
Mapcode National: GBR 94D.BKV
Mapcode Global: VHCZZ.T3BR
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 16 May 1966
Last Amended: 18 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1092562
English Heritage Legacy ID: 137981
Location: Kingsclere, Basingstoke and Deane, Hampshire, RG26
District: Basingstoke and Deane
Civil Parish: Kingsclere
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Wolverton with Ewhurst St Catherine
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 55 NW BAUGHURST RECTORY LANE
16.5.66 The Old House
(formerly listed as
Early C18, late C19. Queen Anne house (the nearby rebuilt church is 1717), with later
extensions to the rear. The east front has 2 storeys and attic to the symmetrical
main part, of 5 windows; and 2 storeys to the offices (south) wing, of 3 windows.
Tile roof, hipped central dormer. The main front has a stone coping to a parapet red
brick walling in Flemish bond, rubbed flat arches, sashes in exposed frames (those to
the ground floor having floor level cills): the wing has a tile roof with brick
dentil eaves, English bond walling with rubbed arches to the ground floor, sash
windows (the central being a Venetian light). The substantial Victorian extensions
have matching form, on a larger scale: the north front includes a columned porch with
arched stone hood and simple mouldings. Within, the hall and a ground floor room
retain C18 pinewood panelling.
Listing NGR: SU5665359212
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings