This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1795 / 51°10'46"N
Longitude: -1.1969 / 1°11'48"W
OS Eastings: 456231
OS Northings: 142563
OS Grid: SU562425
Mapcode National: GBR 95Z.XYK
Mapcode Global: VHD0L.6ML4
Entry Name: Church of St. James
Listing Date: 26 April 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1092707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 139261
Location: Micheldever, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21
Civil Parish: Micheldever
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Woodmancote with Popham
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 76 NE WOODMANCOTT & POPHAM POPHAM
18/8 Church of St James
AS A RESULT OF BOUNDARY CHANGES ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED
BUILDINGS ARE NOW IN THE PARISH OF MICHELDEVER WHICH IS IN THE
CITY OF WINCHESTER (HANTS)
SEE 5TH AMENDMENT OF 20TH LIST CITY OF WINCHESTER
SU 54 SE WOODMANCOTE & POPHAM WOODMANCOTT
26.4.57 Church of St James
1835, by J Colson. Aisleless chancel and nave, with a south porch and a vestry to the
north of the chancel. Red tile roof, small stone bellcote above the west gable.
Flint walling with stone dressings; 3 cusped lancets, coupled at the west and below a
small 4 cusped window, with triple lancets at the east end. Diagonal stepped
buttresses. Victorian fittings.
Listing NGR: SU5246940435
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings