This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1174 / 51°7'2"N
Longitude: -1.4969 / 1°29'48"W
OS Eastings: 435307
OS Northings: 135466
OS Grid: SU353354
Mapcode National: GBR 73Q.SFG
Mapcode Global: VHC3C.05HQ
Entry Name: Mill Immediately North West of Longstock Mill House
Listing Date: 27 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1093161
English Heritage Legacy ID: 140238
Location: Longstock, Test Valley, Hampshire, SO20
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Longstock
Built-Up Area: Stockbridge
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Longstock St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 35 35 LONGSTOCK LONGSTOCK ROAD
15/4 Mill immediately lilt of
Longstock Mill House
Mill. Mid C18 and 1893 in brickwork. Brick with decorative blue brick.
2 storey and attic 5 bay mill with mill streams under both end bays and to
right 1893 roller mill of 3 bays and originally 4 storeys, now 2. Older mill
has 2 storey central opening with one planked door above another. C20 2-light
windows in original openings in other bays, all openings with segmented heads
with course of blue headers, expect bottom left opening is filled with blue
headers. Dentilled eaves and large weatherboarded gable above centre 3 bays,
originally for hoist, now with window. Sloping buttresses to left end and C20
tie plates along attic floor level. To right 2 storey, 3 bay C19 building with
garage door to left and large segmental head iron windows. Inside old mill
breast shot wheel removed, much of rest intact. Behind C19 mill Armfield turbine.
Listing NGR: SP3923636526
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings