This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.9601 / 50°57'36"N
Longitude: -1.1373 / 1°8'14"W
OS Eastings: 460686
OS Northings: 118210
OS Grid: SU606182
Mapcode National: GBR 98S.M9M
Mapcode Global: FRA 86HK.YK3
Entry Name: Stables 40 Metres North of the Old Rectory
Listing Date: 24 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1095541
English Heritage Legacy ID: 146418
Location: Droxford, Winchester, Hampshire, SO32
Civil Parish: Droxford
Built-Up Area: Droxford
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Droxford St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
SU 61 NW DROXFORD THE SQUARE
7/34 Stables 40 metres north of
the Old Rectory
Stables. C18. Walls of brickwork in Flemish bond with blue headers, rubbed flat
and cambered openings, architraves to end openings with ears to head and cill.
Hipped tile roof. Symmetrical east front elevation with projecting centrepieces
and sides (wide pilasters), and brick doorframe with stepped parapet and panel,
impost bands: one small window above the double door and one window at each side.
The rear elevation has a hayloft door in a dormer, above a double door. At each
end there are lower extensions, without features on the front, but with a carriage
entrance to the rear courtyard.
Listing NGR: SU6066018367
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings