This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.9601 / 50°57'36"N
Longitude: -1.1676 / 1°10'3"W
OS Eastings: 458553
OS Northings: 118177
OS Grid: SU585181
Mapcode National: GBR 98Q.RMH
Mapcode Global: FRA 86FK.YRL
Entry Name: Swanmore Park Farmhouse
Listing Date: 19 May 1986
Last Amended: 11 February 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1095628
English Heritage Legacy ID: 146216
Location: Swanmore, Winchester, Hampshire, SO32
Civil Parish: Swanmore
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Droxford St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
SU 51 NE SWANMORE PARK LANE
1879-0/4/44 Swanmore Park Farmhouse
Farmhouse. circa late C17, with C19 and C20 additions. Red brick, partly tile-hung. Clay plain tile roof with half-hipped ends. Central brick axial stack. PLAN: Entrance lobby in front of the central axial stack with back-to-back fireplaces heating the two principal rooms. At the back there were unheated services rooms in the integral outshuts and a stair-tower at the centre. In the C19, small single-storey service wings built on the right (east) side and at the rear and a single-storey lean-to was built on the front right. In the C20 a single-storey extension was built on the left (west) side. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attics. 2-windows south front with 3-light casements with glazing bars on the first floor and on ground floor a multi-pane sash on the left and large single-storey lean-to extension to right and centre; single-storey 1-bay extension on left with French window; set back on right a single-storey wing with gable-end stack. At the rear (north) the roof is carried down as a catslide over the outshuts with a stair-tower at the centre with a hipped roof; small gable dormer to left of stair-tower and small single-storey wing below with hipped roof. INTERIOR: The front left room has fireplace with chamfered brick 3-centred arch and fielded panelling; an arched china-cupboard with shaped shelves has been moved into the extension on the left (west) end. Circa late C17 staircase with turned balusters and square newel posts with ball finials, the lower flight might have been rebuilt. The roof is said to have tie-beam trusses and common-rafter couples without a ridgepiece.
Listing NGR: SU5849016240
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings