This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2777 / 51°16'39"N
Longitude: 1.0864 / 1°5'11"E
OS Eastings: 615358
OS Northings: 157702
OS Grid: TR153577
Mapcode National: GBR TY2.ZCX
Mapcode Global: VHLGM.S46T
Entry Name: Bailey House
Listing Date: 3 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096933
English Heritage Legacy ID: 439787
Location: Canterbury, Kent, CT1
Electoral Ward/Division: Barton
Built-Up Area: Canterbury
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
944 MONASTERY STREET
No 1 (Bailey House)
TR 1557 NW 5/151A 3.5.67.
C18 facade to possibly earlier house refaced with cement. 2 storeys, Eaves
cornice. 4 windows, one pointed, the others retaining their glazing bars.
The south front is faced partly with cement, partly with flints, partly with
red brick and partly with tiles. Corbled chimney above the ground floor.
In this wall is a stone recording "Sir John Hales, Baranet, gave this water
and at his own charge had it brought hither, 1733".
No 1, wall adjoining No 1 to right, water pump opposite No 1, No 2, Nos 4
to 16 (even), St Augustine's College, Hall, Chapel, The Cemetery Gateway,
The Great Gateway, wall in front of St Augustine's form a group.
Listing NGR: TR1535657702
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings