This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.6045 / 50°36'16"N
Longitude: -3.6004 / 3°36'1"W
OS Eastings: 286843
OS Northings: 79532
OS Grid: SX868795
Mapcode National: GBR QR.1BM9
Mapcode Global: FRA 37BG.R58
Entry Name: 7, Fore Street
Listing Date: 23 August 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1097100
English Heritage Legacy ID: 85296
Location: Chudleigh, Teignbridge, Devon, TQ13
Civil Parish: Chudleigh
Built-Up Area: Chudleigh
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Chudleigh St Martin and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
CHUDLEIGH FORE STREET (east side), Chudleigh
6/40 No 7
Shop. Said to have been established as a baker's shop in 1830 and probably built
then after the fire of 1807 (old List Description). Probably stone, roughcast with a
slate roof with rounded eaves at the left hand end ; end stacks.
2 storeys. 3 window asymmetrical front on a corner site with a canted corner at the
Deep rectangular plan, the left hand front corner splayed. On the left hand of the
ground storey a double-fronted shop, its left hand window on the corner; through the
right hand end of the building there is a carriageway.
Deeply recessed shop door with rectangular fanlight between curved bay shop windows -
curved towards the door and flat on the other side. The 2 left hand lights are 16-
pane : the right hand lights 16-pane and 8-pane. 3 first floor windows : a 12-pane
sash to the left (on the corner); the centre and right hand windows are variants of a
16-pane sash with 3 larger panes at the top, the central pane pivot-hung.
Interior In the process of being gutted at time of survey (1986).
An exceptionally attractive early C19 small shop front on a prominent corner site in
the centre of Chudleigh.
Listing NGR: SX8684379532
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings