This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6696 / 50°40'10"N
Longitude: -3.7636 / 3°45'48"W
OS Eastings: 275471
OS Northings: 87032
OS Grid: SX754870
Mapcode National: GBR QG.K4WC
Mapcode Global: FRA 3709.MLX
Entry Name: Barn Approximately 20 Metres to East of Coombe Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1097232
English Heritage Legacy ID: 85014
Location: Moretonhampstead, Teignbridge, Devon, TQ13
Civil Parish: Moretonhampstead
Built-Up Area: Moretonhampstead
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Moretonhampstead St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 78 NE
- Barn approximately 20 metres
to east of Coombe Farmhouse
Barn with granary at one end. Mid C19. Granite rubble walls with corrugated
asbestos roof, gable ended. Threshing barn to left driven by water wheel at rear
with separate section to right which has granary above. Single storey to left and
2 storey to right. Left-hand section has wide central doorway with timber lintel,
small window either side with brick arches. Right-hand section has door to right
of centre on ground floor with stone arch and stone steps to its left running above
it leading to granary door which has window either side with brick arch above.
Single storey cart shed attached at right. At rear is large water wheel with iron
rim and wooden spokes which is under a shallow roof. Inscribed on the wheel rim is
H. Beare & Sons, Newton Abbot and the date 1893.
Listing NGR: SX7547187032
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings