This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7758 / 50°46'32"N
Longitude: -3.5247 / 3°31'28"W
OS Eastings: 292594
OS Northings: 98461
OS Grid: SX925984
Mapcode National: GBR P1.5FM4
Mapcode Global: FRA 37H1.BNC
Entry Name: Bootham House
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1097614
English Heritage Legacy ID: 86067
Location: Brampford Speke, East Devon, Devon, EX5
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Brampford Speke
Built-Up Area: Brampford Speke
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Brampford Speke
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 99 NW
3/1 Bootham House
House. Circa 1830s. Rendered cob below, post and wattle at first floor level.
End gabled slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays, 2 rooms deep with rear extension and
former coach-house beyond. An attractive front: centred door with 4 fielded and 2
plain panels, under fanlight, recessed, the reveals also panelled, the doorway
lintel with a small hanging semi-circular trellis. Tripartite sash either side
(centre light in a 12-pane sash). 3 windows above two 12-pane and a central 8-pane
sash, all with pretty decorative margin panes. 2 dormers with wavy bargeboards,
finials and casements with glazing bars. Similarly bargeboarded gables, no
windows, the right-hand gable with small bell hanging in apex. Rear elevation with
2 windows above and 2 below. Interior: rooms with single moulded wooden cornices;
windows with internal shutters and panelled reveals; a nice C19 black marble
chimney piece in right-hand room. Simple contemporary staircase.
Listing NGR: SX9259498461
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings