This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7642 / 50°45'51"N
Longitude: -3.4435 / 3°26'36"W
OS Eastings: 298290
OS Northings: 97061
OS Grid: SX982970
Mapcode National: GBR P2.YCKT
Mapcode Global: FRA 37P2.68V
Entry Name: 10, 11 and 12, Newbuildings
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1098295
English Heritage Legacy ID: 88430
Location: Broad Clyst, East Devon, Devon, EX5
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Broad Clyst
Built-Up Area: Broadclyst
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Broadclyst St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 99 NE BROADCLYST NEWBUILDINGS,
- Nos. 10, 11 and 12
Block of houses. 1870-1. Rendered red sandstone under gabled-end roof with
synthetic red tiles; unrendered sandstone rear extensions containing workshops and
privies. 2 storeys with attics, and axial stacks with brick shafts.
Front: central separately gabled projection, eaves (with fascia) brought down a
little lower than flanking range, with 2 windows to each floor, all with sashes, and
2-light casement window in gable wall; 1 window to each floor of main range, 2
lights, 6 panes per light. One 2-light casement window to gable walls at either
end. All sash and casement windows are of timber under shallow window arches. Part
of a long sequence of 8 blocks of houses built to replace dwellings on the same site
destroyed in the Broadclyst fire of 1870. The houses are construed as a group and
have basic features in common although they are at the same time carefully varied
from unit to unit.
Listing NGR: SX9829097061
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings