This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0716 / 53°4'17"N
Longitude: -1.6909 / 1°41'27"W
OS Eastings: 420807
OS Northings: 352756
OS Grid: SK208527
Mapcode National: GBR 485.K90
Mapcode Global: WHCF0.0231
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 13 September 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109479
English Heritage Legacy ID: 79968
Location: Bradbourne, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE6
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Bradbourne
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Bradbourne All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 25 SW
MILL LANE (north side)
Church of All Saints
Church. C12, re-fashioned in C14. Complete restoration in 1846. Coursed squared and rubble gritstone, gritstone dressings. Copper roof to south aisle. Stone slate roof to south porch. Nave roof hidden by embattled parapets.
C12 tower in three stages, plus embattled parapet, above string course, supported by carved heads. South wall has elaborate C12 doorcase with attached shafts. Two inner bands of voussoirs carved with beasts, outer band decorated with beak head motifs. West wall of tower has round headed door with keystone. Projecting original staircase in north east corner. Twin bell openings under zigzag arches in third stage to all sides. C19 vestry off north wall of chancel. C14 east window with flowing tracery. All windows to south walls flat headed, two-light mullion windows with cusping, including three such in clerestory. Aisle windows have re-used C14 carved stops. South porch has round headed arch with dripmould. Six panelled C18 raised and fielded door.
INTERIOR: C12 tower arch to nave with C19 wooden screen. Early C14 south arcade of three chamfered arches with keeled quatrefoil piers. C14 chancel arch with castellated responds. Much restored, flat timbered roof. Gaudy early C19 stained glass to east window. Re-used C14 glass in north east chancel window.
Series of white marble on slate wall memorials from 1793 to 1926 to the Buckstone family. Also wall memorial of 1643 in limestone with incised coat of arms. Late C16 mural on south wall of south aisle in greys and reds. Architectural surround with inscription. Early font decorated with relief pillars.
Listing NGR: SK2080752756
Other nearby listed buildings