This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.89 / 51°53'23"N
Longitude: 0.4172 / 0°25'1"E
OS Eastings: 566437
OS Northings: 224028
OS Grid: TL664240
Mapcode National: GBR NG6.J97
Mapcode Global: VHJJ8.5RXJ
Entry Name: The Chantry
Listing Date: 7 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1112781
English Heritage Legacy ID: 122761
Location: Stebbing, Uttlesford, Essex, CM6
Civil Parish: Stebbing
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stebbing St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 6724 STEBBING CHURCH END
10/324 The Chantry
House late C14 or early C15, with exposed timber frame and plaster infill.
Long wall jetty to front with original brackets and jetty to left return, the
arched and moulded dragon bracket with a moulded capital. Right return is
weatherboarded. Ogee bracing to first floor. Board door in arched head
surround. Hipped red plain tiled roof with gablets. One external and one off-
centre red brick chimney stack. 2 storeys, 3 range of diamond leaded casements.
Plaque with date 1480. RCHM lO.
Listing NGR: TL6643724028
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings