This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1724 / 52°10'20"N
Longitude: -0.3019 / 0°18'6"W
OS Eastings: 516225
OS Northings: 254042
OS Grid: TL162540
Mapcode National: GBR H34.NJF
Mapcode Global: VHGML.QN8H
Entry Name: The Old Anchor
Listing Date: 16 January 1952
Last Amended: 26 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114092
English Heritage Legacy ID: 38456
Location: Tempsford, Central Bedfordshire, SG19
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Tempsford
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Tempsford with Little Barford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
2/87 The Old Anchor
House, formerly The Anchor Inn. C17 and C18, Timber framed construction,
mostly cased in colourwashed brick. Clay tile roof. 2 storeyed, 3-room plan.
SW elevation: both floors have 3 3-light casement windows. LH ground floor
windows flank a single light, apparently replacing a doorway. This is almost
in line with brick double ridge stack. Plank door between 2 RH bays.
External brick stack to RH gable end. Small lean-to addition to rear.
Listing NGR: TL1622554042
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings