History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Heath Manor

A Grade II* Listed Building in Heath and Reach, Central Bedfordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9401 / 51°56'24"N

Longitude: -0.6554 / 0°39'19"W

OS Eastings: 492526

OS Northings: 227698

OS Grid: SP925276

Mapcode National: GBR F2X.941

Mapcode Global: VHFR3.LHCK

Entry Name: Heath Manor

Listing Date: 29 April 1952

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1114690

English Heritage Legacy ID: 35973

Location: Heath and Reach, Central Bedfordshire, LU7

County: Central Bedfordshire

Civil Parish: Heath and Reach

Built-Up Area: Heath and Reach

Traditional County: Bedfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire

Church of England Parish: Heath and Reach

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Leighton Buzzard

Listing Text

1.
5125 HEATH AND REACH LEIGHTON ROAD
(east side)

Heath Manor
SP 9227 NE 8/143 29.4.52

II*


2.
Late C16 or early C17 altered early C18, slight C19 alterations. Entrance front
of red brick, hipped old tile roof with modern dormers. Two storeys and attics.
Five sash windows; ground floor flat arches, first floor ones rendered C19. Central
6 panel door, porch with modern pillars, modillion cornice hood, rusticated pilasters,
entablature with triglyphs and mutules. Ashlar quoins. Garden front has Dutch
gabled right hand projection containing stone door surround of semi-circular arch
with keystone and archivolt, Roman Doric half-columns, entablature with pulvinated
frieze and cyma recta cornice broken forward over columns, pediment. Restored
chimney stack with carved stone panels.
Interior: hall with fielded ovolo panelling, kitchen with timber 4-centred bressumer
over fireplace with carved frieze and spandrels. Staircase circa 1640, close string
with carved newels and turned balusters. Other rooms have oak panelling, 4-centred
fireplace arches. Was owned by H Brandreth circa 1666.


Listing NGR: SP9252627698

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.