This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5582 / 51°33'29"N
Longitude: -0.7444 / 0°44'40"W
OS Eastings: 487137
OS Northings: 185115
OS Grid: SU871851
Mapcode National: GBR D63.BKX
Mapcode Global: VHDWK.13S9
Plus Code: 9C3XH754+76
Entry Name: Church of St John the Baptist
Listing Date: 22 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117570
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40822
Location: Cookham, Windsor and Maidenhead, SL6
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Civil Parish: Cookham
Built-Up Area: Cookham
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Cookham Dean
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 88 NE COOKHAM CHURCH ROAD
2/13 Church of St. John the Baptist
Parish Church: 1849 by R. C. Carpenter in an early C14 style. South chapel added c1866.
Flint with stone dressings; slate gabled and coped roof. Nave, chancel, south aisle, south
porch and bellcote. Plinth, angled and square buttresses. Timber gabled porch with cusping
and carved bargeboard. South front: 2-light windows with cusped tracery with square heads
and labels on aisle. Similar but with 2-centred arch on south chapel, with mask and foliage
labels. East front: 3-light window with reticulated tracery. West front: 2-light Window
with cusped tracery. Interior: plain, white. 4 bay nave, arch braced collar roof. 2 bay
chancel, similar roof but with thin arched wind braces to side purlins. 4 bay arcade to south
aisle with alternate round and octagonal columns, moulded capitals and bases. Stained glass
window of 1893 in north wall by Kempe.
B.O.E. (Berkshire) p.123.
Listing NGR: SU8713785115
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings