This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4816 / 51°28'53"N
Longitude: -0.6069 / 0°36'24"W
OS Eastings: 496837
OS Northings: 176769
OS Grid: SU968767
Mapcode National: GBR F8L.3DC
Mapcode Global: VHFTG.F1J1
Entry Name: Mistress Pages House
Listing Date: 2 October 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117747
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40454
Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle Without
Built-Up Area: Windsor
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: New Windsor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1 HIGH STREET
Mistress Pages House.
SU 9676 NE 3/26
Early C19 circa 1830-40 commercial premises, entirely rebuilt behind front but
with late C18 house still adjoining to rear of road block. The early C19 road
front is of 2 storeys painted stucco with 2 very large windows joined by very
tall central glazed door to 1st floor. Small bracketed cornice and parapet
with pierced cast iron balustrade panel in centre. Early C19 shop front projects
on ground floor with similar cast iron balcony over of pierced anthemion balusters
with floral heads and bases, circular bars between. Linked to modern part to
rear by tiled roof covered way is a C17/C18 building of 2 storeys and attic,
red brick, with rendered south side having central gable. 2 windows to each
gable end, flush architrave framed sashes, flat gauged arches with brick band
over. Irregular casements to south side.
Nos 1 to 4(consec) 4a, 5 to 9(consec) 9A, lO to 25 (consec),dairg pavilion
the garden of No 7 and Mistress Pages House form a group.
Listing NGR: SU9683476767
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings