History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Strict Baptist Chapel with Front Boundary Wall Railings and Gates

A Grade II Listed Building in Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8373 / 51°50'14"N

Longitude: -0.6314 / 0°37'52"W

OS Eastings: 494394

OS Northings: 216297

OS Grid: SP943162

Mapcode National: GBR F43.P6J

Mapcode Global: VHFRQ.02KV

Entry Name: Strict Baptist Chapel with Front Boundary Wall Railings and Gates

Listing Date: 15 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1117889

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42070

Location: Ivinghoe, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, LU7

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Ivinghoe

Built-Up Area: Pitstone

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Ivinghoe with Pitstone

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Ivinghoe

Listing Text

SP 91 NW IVINGHOE STATION ROAD

4/85 Strict Baptist Chapel with front
boundary wall, railings and gates
-
- II

Strict Baptist chapel, now disused. Founded 1813, dated W.C.
1815 on brick, extended one bay to S.W. 1866. Early C19 part is of
chequer brick with plinth, boarded eaves and C20 concrete tile roof,
hipped to left. 2 storeys, 3 bays. N.W. front has 4-pane sashes
with thin glazing bars and cambered heads. Central double doors,
flush-panelled, with semi-circular radiating fanlight. Rendered
porch of c.1830 with moulded cornice and shallow pointed parapet.
Later bay to right is of white brick with red brick quoins and
rendered gable. Similar sash to first floor over flush-panelled
door with gauged head. Gable to street has 2 bays of recessed sash
windows, small louvred opening to attic, and lower extension to
right. Interior: gallery of c.1832 around 3 sides with plain panelled
front on slender cast iron columns, N. gallery with contemporary
pews. Contemporary pulpit and altered baptismal pool. 1866 addition
formerly a vestry and schoolroom. Ornamental iron railings and gates,
dwarf walls with ogee copings.


Listing NGR: SP9439416297

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.