History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Pix Hall and Attached Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Hawkhurst, Kent

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 51.0506 / 51°3'2"N

Longitude: 0.4742 / 0°28'27"E

OS Eastings: 573515

OS Northings: 130834

OS Grid: TQ735308

Mapcode National: GBR PTW.0Q8

Mapcode Global: FRA C6WB.NLD

Entry Name: Little Pix Hall and Attached Wall

Listing Date: 9 June 1952

Last Amended: 22 June 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1120929

English Heritage Legacy ID: 169696

Location: Hawkhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN18

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells

Civil Parish: Hawkhurst

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Flimwell St Augustine of Canterbury

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

TQ 73 SW (north side)

9/346 Little Pix Hall and
attached wall (formerly
9.6.52 listed as Pixhall)
- II
House. C16, altered early C18. Timber framed, clad and extended with red brick
on ground floor and tile hanging on first floor with plain tiled roof. Garden
front (the principal elevation) 2 storeys with boxed eaves to roof with stacks to
end left, to centre left and projecting and offset at end right. Three tripartite
glazing bar sashes on first floor with glazing bar sash to centre right, and 3
glazing bar sashes on ground floor with half-glazed door with Gothick Y-tracery to
centre right with flat cornice hood on large brackets and fluted pilaster
surround. Left return with small hipped wing and larger C20 rear one, portions of
English bond brickwork and sandstone base, C20 conservatory to right. Present
main entry by panelled door in columned porch in mid C20 rear wing. Interior:
large C18 inglenook dated in Roman characters 1732; C18 stair with stick balus-
ters, turned newels and ramped handrail, and clasped purlin (originally Queen-
strut) roof. The end right and rear sections of the house especially with
surviving exposed frame of large scantling with curved tension bracing and gun-
stock jowls, with added framed stairwell extension. Chamfered mullioned window
exposed in rear wall. Cellars. Attached and projecting from end left a section
of wall about 6 feet high, extending some 20 yards and including a boarded gate.

Listing NGR: TQ7353231088

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.