This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8367 / 51°50'12"N
Longitude: -2.4509 / 2°27'3"W
OS Eastings: 369029
OS Northings: 215438
OS Grid: SO690154
Mapcode National: GBR FY.VDN7
Mapcode Global: VH86Z.G3PB
Entry Name: Orangery, Flaxley Abbey
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121870
English Heritage Legacy ID: 354087
Location: Blaisdon, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL14
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Blaisdon
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Flaxley St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 61 NE BLAISDON FLAXLEY
6/19 Orangery, Flaxley Abbey
orangery, late C17, brick, variation of Flemish bond, back wall
rubble stone, slate roof. Long and narrow room, single storey, on
site of north walk of Abbey cloister. Front 7 windows, centre a
french door: windows sash (late C18, early C19 replacements), 4-
panes wide: flat heads with rubbed brick arch. Plain parapet,
Internally a single room, plastered, with plastered barrel-vaulted
ceiling. In back, north wall at east end base of C12 door, from
nave to cloister with lower part of column in angle on each side.
Rear wall remains of south wall of church. Room to west rebuilt
1960's. Shown on Kyp engraving of house 1712. Contains 3 stone
coffin lids found on site of Chapter House.
Listing NGR: SO6902915438
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings