This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8887 / 51°53'19"N
Longitude: 0.8949 / 0°53'41"E
OS Eastings: 599312
OS Northings: 225090
OS Grid: TL993250
Mapcode National: GBR SN4.K33
Mapcode Global: VHKFZ.GSGG
Entry Name: St Mary's House
Listing Date: 19 February 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123678
English Heritage Legacy ID: 116875
Location: Colchester, Essex, CO1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Colchester
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Colchester St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
1. CHURCH STREET
995 (South Side)
No 6 (St Mary's House)
TL 9925 SW 4/15 19.2.59.
Late C18 brick house, 2 storeys, the roofs of tiles and slates. Grey
gault brick front, centre breaking forward slightly with ramped parapet,
2 storeyed shallow bow windows either side. 3 window range of double
hung sashes with glazing bars. The rear wing is timber framed and plastered
and has 2 hipped dormers on the west. Rain water head on west wall with
initials end date WM 1802, on the east side is a one bay extension.
Listing NGR: TL9931225090
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings