This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.698 / 51°41'52"N
Longitude: 0.1694 / 0°10'9"E
OS Eastings: 550019
OS Northings: 202149
OS Grid: TL500021
Mapcode National: GBR MGW.FNB
Mapcode Global: VHHMM.WLD4
Entry Name: The Old House
Listing Date: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123973
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117982
Location: Stapleford Tawney, Epping Forest, Essex, CM16
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Stapleford Tawney
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stapleford Tawney with Theydon Mount
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 50 SW STAPLEFORD TAWNEY COLLIERS HATCH
4/290 The Old House
House. Cl6 or earlier. Timber framed and plastered with red plain tiled roof.
A house with crosswing to right, incorporating a separately built crosswing
to left, this crosswing now has a forward single storey extension. 1 storey
and attic. 1:2:1 window range of C20 small paned casements, diamond leaded,
with 2 range to left extension and 2 range to red tiled bay to right crosswing.
Central C20 small paned door and central red brick chimney stack. Queen strut
side purlin roof construction. Possible vestige of a moat.
Listing NGR: TL5001902149
Other nearby listed buildings