This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7042 / 51°42'15"N
Longitude: -0.6159 / 0°36'57"W
OS Eastings: 495741
OS Northings: 201518
OS Grid: SP957015
Mapcode National: GBR F5W.13W
Mapcode Global: VHFS9.8FRC
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 10 November 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124654
English Heritage Legacy ID: 43528
Location: Chesham, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP5
Civil Parish: Chesham
Built-Up Area: Chesham
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Chesham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 9501 NE 2/3 10.11.51.
1767 at the expense of the patron,John, 4th Duke of Bedford, Cl8 house of red
brick. Hipped tiled roof with corbelled cornice and central pediment. 2 storeys,
rusticated flush angle pilasters. 3 sash windows with glazing bars in reveals,
1st floor flat arches, ground floor semi-circular arched panels. Band at 1st
floor level. Central Doric porch with triglyph frieze and modillion cornice to
The Vicarage, Vicarage Annexe, and the gates & gate piers to the Vicarage and to
Lowndes Park form a group.
Listing NGR: SP9574301519
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings