This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7155 / 51°42'55"N
Longitude: -0.662 / 0°39'43"W
OS Eastings: 492533
OS Northings: 202706
OS Grid: SP925027
Mapcode National: GBR F5M.FGB
Mapcode Global: VHFS8.G4WR
Entry Name: Pednor House
Listing Date: 23 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124904
English Heritage Legacy ID: 44649
Location: Chartridge, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire, HP5
Civil Parish: Chartridge
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Chesham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 90 SW CHARTRIDGE PEDNOR
5/49 Pednor House
Formerly Little Pednor a farmhouse enlarged and the barn and outbuildings
converted to a large house c.1910, architect Forbes and Tate. Original
house c17 timber framed refronted in brick C18, greatly enlarged c1910.
Brick with moulded brick window surrounds, mullions and transomes, quoins
and other features. Clay tiled hipped roofs. Two storeys. North
elevation faces courtyard. Original house in centre with 2-storey
projection of 1910 with 5-light window; domed cupola on ridge. All
windows with metal casements and leaded glazing. Two original windows
on left, one on right. To right additions of c1910 of 2 bays and
another projecting bay with garage to ground floor, 6-light window
above. Right hand wing a separate cottage formed from farm buildings.
One storey, roof at two different levels. 2 chimneys, 1 door, 6 irreg-
ular windows, 2 windows to gable, flank wall attached with arched
gateway. Left hand wing: 2-storey projecting corner block with large
mullioned and transomed window in flank wall, projecting eaves. Linked
to converted barn probably C18, timber framed with c1910 brick infill.
Gabled former cart entry projection in centre with oak doors, old beam
reset above with 4-light window over. Low outshots each side under
continuation of main roof, 2 windows on right, 1 window on left. One 2-
light hipped dormer on right. Gable end to road has two 2-light windows
to ground floor, 2 single-light windows above - Rear elevation (to garden)
has two former cart entries now filled by 6-light mullion and transome
windows, under projecting roof supported on half curved tiled crobels.
4-light hipped dormer on left. Garden elevation of house: Long
continuous frontage, with original house left of centre Gatehouse
feature right of centre with octagonal turret with stone spire and
stone 'Tudor" arched gateway is an alteration probably of the 1920's.
Listing NGR: SP9253302706
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings