This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5693 / 51°34'9"N
Longitude: -0.7745 / 0°46'28"W
OS Eastings: 485032
OS Northings: 186310
OS Grid: SU850863
Mapcode National: GBR D5W.H0Z
Mapcode Global: VHDWB.JTDC
Entry Name: The End House
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125072
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46234
Location: Marlow, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Marlow
Built-Up Area: Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. HIGH STREET
(South West Side )
SU 8586 1/33 16.7.49. (The End House)
Late C18. 2 storeys and attic. Brick on projecting plinth. Moulded
bracketted eaves cornice. Mansard old tile roof hipped to left hand.
3-bay front. 6-panel central door in panelled reveal with architrave,
under delicate Doric porch of 2 columns, wall pilasters and entablature
with bracketted cornice and pediment. The return front to left hand has
a 2-storey wide angular bay with delicate cornice at each floor, and
central 2nd floor casement. Has an important position at road junction
and approach to High Street from river.
Listing NGR: SU8503286310
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings