This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0586 / 52°3'30"N
Longitude: -0.8558 / 0°51'20"W
OS Eastings: 478546
OS Northings: 240640
OS Grid: SP785406
Mapcode National: GBR BYG.SKH
Mapcode Global: VHDSZ.3JY7
Entry Name: 106, High Street
Listing Date: 28 October 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125370
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45540
Location: Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK11
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Stony Stratford
Built-Up Area: Milton Keynes
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Stony Stratford St Mary and Giles
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5135 HIGH STREET
SP 7840 1/21B
Early C18 with later alterations. 2 storey, 3 window house. Tiled roof, mostly
old tiles. 3 hipped dormers. Sash windows. Central mid C19 doorcase has pilasters
with brackets supporting wooden plinth, impost lozenges on pilasters.' Flanked
by 2 ground floor 3 light bay windows.
A house referred to on this site in 1487. It later became the Drum and Anchor
inn and changed its name in 1791 to the Coach and Horses. No longer an inn.
Nos 62 to 86 (even), including Nos 66A, 70A and 86A, Nos 88 to 106 (even) and
the former St Anthony Franciscan Preparatory School form a group.
Listing NGR: SP7854640640
Other nearby listed buildings